- This event has passed.
Engaging with Policy Makers (in Collaboration with the AHRC funded SWWDTP)
February 4 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
The overall objective of this workshop, being led by the Institute for Government, is to demystify government and explain how to engage successfully with policy makers. We aim to make the day engaging, informative and practical, with lots of opportunities to apply lessons to your own areas of research.
• Gain an improved understanding of the governmental landscape
• Learn how policy making works in practice
• Learn practical tips for engaging with Parliament, particularly select committees
• Explore policy making from the perspective of the Civil Service
• Practise communicating effectively with policy makers
The workshop will be run using the virtual classroom platform Jigsaw Interactive. This is designed to provide a truly interactive learning experience with the use of breakout rooms, chat and collaboration tools.
We always allow plenty of time for breaks and will try to help you connect with other participants throughout the programme.