- This event has passed.
Managing ethically sensitive research data: from planning to sharing: University of Bristol
February 12 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This workshop is aimed at academics and postgraduate researchers who are conducting or planning to conduct research using ethically sensitive data, including personal data covered by GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Attendees will learn:
- what counts as sensitive data and what the risks are for different types of data
- how to complete a data management plan to address these risks
- when and how to obtain consent for data collection and sharing
- what legislation affects collection and sharing of sensitive data in research
- approaches for anonymization of sensitive research data
- how to share sensitive research data, including via the University’s research data repository, data.bris
- where to go for help.
This event is being run by the Research Data Service. There are no prerequisites.
n.b. This event is for University of Bristol staff and students only. You will need a current University of Bristol computer login to participate in this workshop.