- This event has passed.
NCRM Training- Qualitative research for quantitative researchers
April 16, 2019
As a rule, our courses cost £30 a day for UK/EU students and £60 a day for UK/EU academics, researchers or public service staff. Register for the event here.
This event is aimed at quantitative researchers at all career stages who are seeking an overview of what qualitative research is and what doing it involves. The day will be structured around answering seven key questions:
- What is qualitative research and how does it compare to quantitative research?
- What types of data do qualitative researchers work with?
- How are such data collected?
- How are such data analysed?
- What tools and resources have been developed to assist in these processes?
- How do qualitative researchers judge whether the outcomes are any good?
- How might qualitative research complement quantitative research?
Through examination of these questions, with reference to examples, delegates will learn how qualitative research sits alongside and has the potential to complement quantitative research. Delegates are also encouraged to identify to the event organisers in advance any further questions related to qualitative methods that they would like to be addressed during the event – these should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org