- This event has passed.
Research Without Borders Showcase exhibition in Colston Hall
April 18, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
More than 50 interactive, hands-on displays will feature the most recent developments at the cutting edge of research from the University of Bristol. The public are invited to learn about what goes on behind the University’s doors and connect with the latest generation of researchers contributing to solutions to the complex challenges facing our world.
From robots to nanoparticles, from prehistoric life to cultural cooking, visitors will be invited to:
- Step into simulated labs with real-life samples and experiments
- Join a citizen science scheme to promote cat health and welfare
- Eavesdrop on crocodiles
- Discover the big ideas behind tiny nanoparticles
- Learn how to fold microscopic proteins
- Churn butter in a Roman kitchen
- Explore Earth before the dinosaurs lived on it
And much more!
The exhibition will also feature artist interpretations of researcher work for visitors to view and engage with, including a large-scale public installation created by a group of students in conjunction with a commissioned artist.
Find out more on the Research Without Borders page