- The SWDTP offers funding not just to students and early career researchers, but also to academics. Not only that, but we’d love to hear about and report on the successes of academic colleagues affiliated with the SWDTP.
Want to ensure you stay in the loop? Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news, events and funding!
NEW FUNDING AVAILABLE APPLY NOW!
Did you know we now have two pots of money available to you for training and cohort activities?
- Higher Training fund which replaces the old ESRC funding for Advanced Training
For further details download the application form: Higher Training Application Form
- Pathway-Led Collaboration fund which replaces the previous academic-led collaboration fund
For further details download the application form: SWDTP Pathway Led Collaboration Application Form
ESRC Business Boost Funding (FUNDING WINDOW EXTENDED)
The ESRC has awarded the following funding to Bristol and Exeter through their Impact Acceleration Accounts (IAA). This is for Business Boost projects that initiate, develop and explore social science focused partnerships with non-university business partners.
University of Bristol
- Initiator awards are for UoB academics looking to initiate or to build on partnerships with new or existing non-university partners;
- Knowledge Exchange Secondment awards are for UoB academics to spend extended periods of time in their non-university partner organisation, and/or for employees of non-university partner organisations to come into the University. Both inward and outward secondments may be full-time or part-time, and they may be combined within a single project.
Both are open to academics from all disciplines and Faculties, including PhD students who have submitted their theses; however, projects must demonstrate how social science research will deliver the proposed outputs and impact.
Applications to this call can be submitted on a rolling basis until all available funding has been allocated but it is expected there will be around six projects up to £10,000 each, to be completed by 31 July 2019. Please see www.bristol.ac.uk/red/industry/esrc-iaa/ for full details and how to apply.
University of Exeter
- Business Boost Initiator fund, which gives up to £10,000 to researchers and businesses to scope new collaborations
- Business Boost Secondments fund, which gives up to £10,000 for academic or student exchanges with businesses to scope social science questions in an organisation or sector.
The next call for these awards will open in early January with deadline for application submission of 31st January 2019. Application forms can be found on the webpage. For further information please contact the IAA coordinator, Laura Loveday.
European Research Council Consolidator Grants
Are you a scientist (including Social Sciences and Humanities) who wants to consolidate your independence by establishing a research team and continuing to develop a success career in Europe? The ERC Consolidator Grant could be for you. You can also apply if you have recently created an independent, excellent research team and want to strengthen it. This call is for researchers of any nationality with 7-12 years’ experience since completion of PhD. You can apply for up to €2 million over a 5 year period. To find out more, visit the website. Deadline for applications: 7th February 2019.
Got an idea for an event…
… But not sure what funding you can apply for?
Then try our new Searchable Funding Guide to see the funding pots available to you and your students. Or, if you’d prefer, you could download a full list of funding pots, or contact Rob Keegan to discuss your ideas.