The Open Review is an open science journal run by students in the SWDTP with a view to supporting academic publication in the social sciences within a student led, peer-reviewed academic journal. The journal will provide a platform to support our needs as students, publicise the work that we do and provide a supportive yet rigorous platform for an introduction to the world of academic publishing.
You can read more about The Open Review and our submission process on The Open Review website.
Get involved: We are pleased to announce that the Call for Papers for 8th Edition of The Open Review Journal is open!
- For publication in November 2022
- Abstracts accepted until 15 July 2022
This year the SWDTP Conference is going with the theme of collaboration. The Open Review Journal is inviting proposals that particularly address the SWDTP’s 2022 Conference theme including, but not limited to. This call for abstracts is purposefully broad, in the hope that it attracts the widest possible range of high-quality submissions.
We welcome submissions in the following formats:
- Short essays (up to 4000 words- excluding references)
- Research articles (5000 to 8000 words- excluding references)
- Creative academic forms such as poetry, comics, images, or other forms of digital media (with up to 500 words description)
Notes for contributors:
- Submissions should be made using APA version 7 format
- Abstract should be no more than 500 words.
- Submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org by email as a Word attachment.
- Please indicate on the subject line (1) (your full name) and (2) (which format) your abstract is submitted for.